201 Locust Street
McMinnville, TN 37110
PO Box 7164
McMinnville, TN 37111
Monday - Thursday 8 AM to 4:30 PM
Friday 8 AM to 5 PM
Last Saturday in February: 8 AM to 12 PM
- Collecting Property Taxes
- Accounting for and disbursing county funds, including proper apportionment and determination of fund availability
- Investing temporarily idle county funds
Additional Information: Tax Bills are mailed to the taxpayer during the first week of October.
Taxes must be paid on or before the last day of February to avoid interest. Interest will be added to any delinquent taxes at a combined rate of 1.5% per month beginning March 1st.
You can pay or search taxes online at http://www.tnpayments.com/warren.
You may pay your Warren County Tax bills by the internet using credit card information. MasterCard and Visa credit cards are accepted. A convenience fee will be assessed for each payment transaction to cover operating and servicing costs. Warren County does not receive any portion of this fee.
For your convenience, the County will partner with local banks and offer citizens the convenience of paying property taxes at bank locations. Please remember the following requirements when paying your property taxes at a bank location:
You must present the top portion of your property tax notice to the bank.
Only current year property tax payments may be accepted. After February 28, 2019, you must make payments at our office or by mail.
Bank personnel cannot answer tax related questions. If you have any questions, please contact the Trustee's office at 931-473-2935.
Tax Relief payments cannot be made at banks or online. Please bring these to our office
Participating Banks: Security Federal Savings Banks, Citizen's Tri County Bank and Homeland Community Bank (all locations in Warren County)
Discounts:This year Warren County has an incentive for taxpayers to pay their taxes early. If your payment is made by October 31st you will receive a 2% discount. If your payment is made by November 30th you will receive a 1% discount. The discount amount is shown on your tax bill.
New Owners:Tax notices are mailed to the property owner of record as of January 1st. If you receive a notice, but have sold your property and the new owner has assumed the responsibility for paying the tax, please forward this notice to the new owner. If your taxes are paid by a mortgage company, please check with them.
Partial Payments and Pre-payments:The Trustee's office is now offering the taxpayer the opportunity to pre-pay taxes and make partial payments on their taxes. Call the Trustee's office at 931.473.2935 for more information.
Tax Relief:You may qualify for tax relief if your Warren County home was your primary residence and you provide proof of the following requirements:
- Elderly: You were 65 years old or older as of December 31st and total household income did not exceed $29,860. (Please check with the Trustee's office as this amount is subject to change.)
- Disabled: You must be 100% disabled as rated by the Social Security Administration or other qualifying agency and total household income did not exceed $29,860. (Please check with the Trustee's office as this amount is subject to change.)
- Disabled Veteran: Proof from the Veteran's Administration that veteran is 100% service related disabled.